Volunteer Coordinator - Steadfast House
This position will encourage, develop, organize and coordinate volunteers to have a productive and memorable experience while serving the residents of Steadfast House. This is a full-time, salaried position to include some weekends and evenings as needed. This position reports to the Director of Steadfast House and collaborates with all ABCCM ministries.
- Associates degree, preferably in management or marketing. Bachelors degree or higher desired.
- 3-5 years of experience in management, preferably with volunteers.
- Strong computer skills to include Excel, Word, Power Point, Volunteer Hub and Raisers Edge
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with many different personalities to include residents, staff and volunteers
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide interested volunteers, churches and organizations tours and orientation of the home and program
- Work to maintain strong community relationships with churches, other volunteer agencies, and resources through attending meetings, phone contact and volunteer involvement
- Represent the Steadfast House at outreach events
- Maintain communication with all staff members in the house to ensure proper treatment and care given to the volunteer
- Send thank you notes to in kind donors and volunteers
- Recruit cook teams, instructors, child care providers and maintenance volunteers
- Update website monthly with special needs
- Enter volunteer data information into Volunteer Hub
- Train Resident Assistants on Volunteer Hub
- Follow up with correspondence after a volunteer event to ensure the volunteers had a good experience and ask for feedback.
- Send the Director monthly counts for volunteers and hours for Board Reports, due by the first week of the month.
- Manage and maintain volunteer groups to ensure their safety and volunteer experience
- Take photographs of the volunteers at work
- Answer volunteer inquires within two days of call or inquiry
- Assist other volunteer coordinators with large groups or events
- Provide assistance to the Special Events Director to help with special events and projects
- Recruit residents to assist with mailings and other projects at the main office
- Attend regularly scheduled staff and volunteer coordinator meetings