Hope, Healing, Honor
ABCCM’s Veterans Services of the Carolinas (VSC) supports our nation’s Veterans and their families by implementing essential assistance programs in communities across North Carolina.
Through Housing, Employment, Outreach, and Call Center Service Coordination, we collaborate with local partners and faith organizations to engage with Veterans and meet their critical needs.
It is our core belief to care for those who answered the call to serve our great nation.
Serving Veterans and their families across North Carolina
With the VA’s Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program, VSC rapidly rehoused 163 Veteran households and prevented homelessness for 165 Veterans and their families in 2021.
Last year, through the Department of Labor’s Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP) for Training and Employment, VSC placed 136 Veterans into new jobs that pay living wages.
The Healing Outreach Partnerships for Empowerment (HOPE) team provided intensive street outreach to chronically homeless individuals and helped 22 Veterans struggling with mental health issues or substance abuse get off the streets and completely transform their lives in 2021. In 2022, VSC began offering similar services to not just Veterans, but civilians as well in North Carolina, with the Partnerships for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH) program.
VSC’s care coordination team, operating a NCServes Veterans Call Center every weekday, fielded 11,488 calls for assistance in 2021. Those calls resulted in 4,683 services being provided to Veterans and their families through community partners all over North Carolina, with a high efficiency average of 4.2 days to match those Veterans to the needed resources.
Opportunities to Serve
Office Volunteers – Asheville, Charlotte, Jacksonville, and Fayetteville
- Call Veterans after they have received services to follow-up and check in with them
- File client paperwork
- Help with general office organization or cleaning
Donate Outreach Supplies
- Water and Gatorade
- Sleeping Bags and Tarps
- Other Outreach Materials
Sponsor a Welcome Home Kit (Monetary Donation)
- Presented to Veterans when they are placed into new housing
Host a Packing Event or Group Event
- Homeless Outreach Bags: given to homeless individuals by our street outreach teams
- Hygiene Kits: packed into the homeless outreach bags
- Appreciation Boxes: given to Veterans at events or shipped to active duty military
- Write Thank You Cards: given to nursing home Veterans and put in appreciation boxes and outreach bags to thank Veterans for their service to their country
Volunteer at Veteran Events (Stand Downs, Community Events, etc.)
- Cook Team for events that serve meals to homeless individuals or Veterans
- Set-up and Tear Down
- Registration Table or Information Table
To volunteer with ABCCM’s Veterans Services of the Carolinas, please fill out an interest form at www.abccm-vsc.org/volunteer.