Maintaining an individual’s confidentiality and dignity is of utmost importance at ABCCM. Records are kept on any individual or family requesting our services. The staff and volunteers will consider all information gathered about an individual as private and confidential. All records are the property of ABCCM.
Confidentiality will be maintained by following these guidelines:
- No information will be made public knowledge without the written or direct oral consent of the individual. Requests for copies of records must be reviewed and responded to by a member of the ABCCM staff.
- General information may be shared with a pastor or other professional (social worker, attorney, physician, etc.) who is working on behalf of an individual, and for whom the individual has given consent for the release of information.
- Individuals have the right to review their records and may assign that right, in writing, to any other individual of their choice. Individuals requesting to review their records should be referred to the Program Director or Executive Director.
- No one other than a staff member or volunteer trained for counseling or interviewing may solicit information from an individual on the premises of ABCCM. Violation of these guidelines will result in a “request to leave” by the Program Director or Executive Director.
- Violation of confidentiality policies will be considered sufficient reason to terminate employment or volunteer activities.
Release Form for Media Recording
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree that Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry, its employees, or agents have the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of me and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter, and exclusively for the purpose of their organization. I further consent that my name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary.
I do hereby release to Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry, its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately and to market and sell copies. I waive any rights, claims, or interest I may have to control the use of my identity or likeness in whatever media used.
I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for recording me, either for initial or subsequent transmission or playback.
I also understand that Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry is not responsible for any expense or liability incurred as a result of my participation in this recording, including medical expenses due to any sickness or injury incurred as a result.
I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understand the foregoing statement, and am competent to execute this agreement.