Volunteer Coordinator - Steadfast House
This position will encourage, develop, organize and coordinate volunteers to have a productive and memorable experience while serving the residents of Steadfast House. This is a full-time, salaried position to include some weekends and evenings as needed. This position reports to the Director of Steadfast House and collaborates with all ABCCM ministries.
- Associates degree, preferably in management or marketing. Bachelors degree or higher desired.
- 3-5 years of experience in management, preferably with volunteers.
- Strong computer skills to include Excel, Word, Power Point, Volunteer Hub and Raisers Edge
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with many different personalities to include residents, staff and volunteers
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide interested volunteers, churches and organizations tours and orientation of the home and program
- Work to maintain strong community relationships with churches, other volunteer agencies, and resources through attending meetings, phone contact and volunteer involvement
- Represent the Steadfast House at outreach events
- Maintain communication with all staff members in the house to ensure proper treatment and care given to the volunteer
- Send thank you notes to in kind donors and volunteers
- Recruit cook teams, instructors, child care providers and maintenance volunteers
- Update website monthly with special needs
- Enter volunteer data information into Volunteer Hub
- Train Resident Assistants on Volunteer Hub
- Follow up with correspondence after a volunteer event to ensure the volunteers had a good experience and ask for feedback.
- Send the Director monthly counts for volunteers and hours for Board Reports, due by the first week of the month.
- Manage and maintain volunteer groups to ensure their safety and volunteer experience
- Take photographs of the volunteers at work
- Answer volunteer inquires within two days of call or inquiry
- Assist other volunteer coordinators with large groups or events
- Provide assistance to the Special Events Director to help with special events and projects
- Recruit residents to assist with mailings and other projects at the main office
- Attend regularly scheduled staff and volunteer coordinator meetings
Required knowledge, skills and abilities include: Applicant must demonstrate team work skills; must possess good conflict resolution skills, communication skills (both written and oral); maintain confidentiality; and able to work easily with volunteers, staff and residents. Needs to have the ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, have the ability to take direction and work autonomously when necessary. Must be able to climb stairs. Responsible for the supervision and well being of homeless single women and women with children. Shift Hours will be 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. or 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. and may include weekends. Up to 28 hours/week.
Resumes will be accepted through Friday, April 7, 2017.