Volunteer Coordinator - Veterans Restoration Quarters
Help transform the lives of homeless veterans while providing a transformative service experience for thousands of volunteers each year at the Veterans Restoration Quarters, a ministry of Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry in Asheville, N.C.
This is a full-time position, 40+ hours per week including some evenings and Saturdays as needed.
- High school graduate with some college and training beyond high school.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Outgoing personality and comfortable with people, including speaking to groups
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Veteran of United States Armed Forces preferred
- Three years experience
- Recruit new volunteers for ABCCM ministry
- Maintain contact and provide support and encouragement for volunteer groups
- Conduct volunteer orientations and training
- Schedules volunteers for specific work needs
- Organize and supervise specific tasks and assignments for volunteer groups to perform.
- Maintain database of volunteer information and hours.
- Organize special events for volunteers
- Solicit donations for ABCCM ministry and manage donations per ministry policy
- Lead tours of the facility and conduct Q&A sessions for interested groups
- Attend regular staff, budget and volunteer coordinator meetings
- Attend at least one ABCCM general assembly meeting per year
- Participate in the ABCCM “Return to Bethlehem” event
- Other responsibilities or assignments as directed by the Program Director
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.